Bird's Nest Fern
Whimsical and lush, the Bird’s Nest Fern (Asplenium nidus) elicits dreams of lush island jungles and is a great “starter” fern, as it’s much more forgiving than most other finicky ferns. Across many cultures, Ferns are the symbol of life We’ve spotted these Ferns all over the rainforests of Fiji, nestled in the giant Raintree branches, so we’re delighted to have them as a true #bringthejunglehome plant.
You are a #plantmatch for the Bird’s Nest Fern if:
- you are a great communicator, and naturally curious
- you have kept a few houseplants alive for a while, and are ready to step gently into the fern game
- you could use a little protection, luck, prosperity, or confidence
- you’re vibing with transformation, new growth, & renewal
- are a water sign: Cancer, Scorpio, Pieces (also matched to air signs: Gemini, Libra, Aquarius)
Bird's Nest Care:
Location: A native of tropical rainforests, ferns often live in and around trees that shade them from direct sunlight; they'll do well in filtered, medium to low light.
Watering: True jungle plants, ferns love moist but not soggy soil; water evenly and before you see the soil dry out completely. They also love high humidity; they can do well as a bathroom plant or on a pebble tray.
Care tips: The fronds are fragile; keep in a place where you won't bump them often. Keep your fern dust-free by wiping the fronds with a damp cloth from time to time. Fertilize only once or twice a year.
Ferns are generally safe for pets; but remember that houseplants are not intended for animal or human consumption.